Barbados, me hearties!
September 18-25, 2020
We all have our own visions of the Caribbean, usually in our mind's eye, of romantic scenes on sail boats in the sunset, of cocktails in coconuts on the beach, of pirates terrorising the seas, of simpering victims walking the plank, of gimlet-eyed expats, worn out by drink and desperation, propped up by the bar, their monocle bleared by heavy breath and sweat; but also of hot days and balmy evenings, clear, warm seas, coral reefs, sea life abundant, ukeleles and Harry Belafonte contriving a gently soporific atmosphere from positions hidden behind every palm tree...
We’re very excited to offer our first oceanswimsafari in the Caribbean: a week swimming around the glorious beaches and bays of Barbados.
We’re working with the organisers of the Barbados Open Water Festival to bring you this oceanswimsafari, to run from September 18-25, 2020.
This is icon territory. Over the course of a week, we’ll swim in six different locations around Barbados, the eastern-most island in the Caribbean archipelagos. Barbados is a small island nation: 33km long and 23km wide at its widest point. Accommodation is at the organisers’ beach house on Bath Beach, on Barbados’s rugged east coast. Bath Beach is described as “a hidden paradise; no crowds, no noisy traffic, a haven for peace & tranquillity”.
Swims range from 2km to 4km.
Our oceanswimsafari partners tell us…
All 6 Swim locations are very safe with perfect swimming conditions, ideal for all swimming ability levels. Our swims cater for all open water swimmers from beginners to advanced.
This oceanswimsafari is limited to 10 guests only.
Typical daily schedule…
- Wake at leisure, take in the sunrise at 6am or sleep in
- 9-12 - Open Water Swim adventure
- Lunch - Beach House
- Afternoon and evening options include one of the many sporting options available at the Beach House including hiking, surfing, paddle boarding, mountain biking, fishing, snorkeling, reef walking, or just relax at leisure (hi speed wi-fi and cable TV included)
- 2nd Swim in the afternoon at Barbados Aquatic Centre pool (optional)
- Use of Beach house private vehicles for visits to other parts of the island for shopping, sight-seeing, etc.
- Dinner - Beach House.
- Evening relaxing at the Beach House or visits to local attractions.
Enquiries and bookings
oceanswimsafaris.com/oceanswims.com are your tour operators handling all your bookings in association with this tour. On this oceanswimsafari, we are working with experienced local tour operators.
When you wish to make enquiries, please first lodge a Enquiry Form to give us basic information to allow us to advise you accurately... Click here
When you're ready to book, please first check terms and conditions... Click here
When you've checked our Terms and Conditions, you will be ready to lodge your Booking Form... Click here
Bath Beach, Barbados swim HQ
Our beach house, Bath Beach